The safety of our patients and staff is our top priority. For this reason, we have instituted the following protocol, effective immediately, for all appointments in our office. Please review this information prior to attending your visit and contact us if you have any questions.
Our office procedures have temporarily changed and will include a comprehensive screening process. Because of the screening process below and to abide by social distancing guidelines, we are recommending that only the patient with the appointment enters the office.
If the Patient is Age 10 or Younger
If the patient is age 10 or younger and would like accompaniment, we are only permitting 1 family member to come into the office. Please note that the accompanying family member will not be permitted in the clinic operatories under any circumstance.
If the Patient is Age 11 or Older
If the patient is age 11 or older, we are not permitting a family member to come into the office. We will be emailing you a report after the appointment and can answer any questions by text or phone call.
Prior to Coming to Your Appointment:
- Complete our Wellness Questionnaire (within 1 day of your appointment if possible).
- Brush and floss your teeth at home as our brushing station is closed.
- Bring a mask.
- Refrain from drinking or eating anything extremely hot or cold as it can alter your results for an accurate temperature reading.
- Come 10 minutes early so we can complete our screening process.
When You Arrive for Your Appointment:
- Remain in your car and text us at 289-205-4999. We will text you back to let you know when to come in.
- A team member will greet you at the front vestibule and will advise you when you can enter.
- Use the hand sanitizer that will be provided.
- Your temperature will be taken with a no-touch thermometer and will be asked about the wellness questionnaire again. If you have a temperature of 100.4 or more or answer yes to the questionnaire, your appointment will need to be rescheduled.
At Your Appointment:
- You may be asked to rinse with a hydrogen peroxide solution that we will provide you.
- Maintain the 6-foot social distancing guidelines when in the office as best as possible.
- We have removed chairs and magazines from the waiting room and have discontinued the use of the coffee station for now.
- For new patient consultations for children, we ask that only 1 parent comes to the appointment. We are happy to video conference with the other parent. We can’t wait to meet you!
- For current patients, a summary of what was done at your child’s visit, and the next appointment time will be emailed or texted to you.
Once your appointment is completed we ask that you limit your office time and leave once permitted to do so.
[button open_new_tab=”true” color=”accent-color” hover_text_color_override=”#fff” size=”medium” url=”https://www.waltortho.com/contact/” text=”Contact Us” color_override=””]