Our office understands the importance of protecting your personal information. To help you understand how we are doing that, we have outlined below how our office is collecting, using and disclosing your personal information.
Book a Free Consultation
Use our handy online scheduler to choose the date and time that works best for your initial complimentary consultation appointment! If you would like to do your free consultation from home, please complete our virtual consultation platform.
Walt Orthodontics Privacy
How our office collects, uses and discloses patient’s personal information.
This office will collect, use and disclose information about you for the following purposes:
- To deliver safe and efficient patient care
- To identify and to ensure continuous high quality service
- To assess your health needs
- To provide health care
- To advise you of treatment options
- To enable us to contact you
- To establish and maintain communication with you
- To offer and provide treatment, care and services in relationship to the oral and maxillofacial complex and dental care generally
- To communicate with other treating health care providers, including specialist and general dentists who are the referring dentists and/or peripheral dentists
- To allow us to maintain communication and contact with you to distribute health care information and to book and confirm appointments
- To allow us to efficiently follow-up for treatment, care and billing
- For teaching and demonstrating purposes on an anonymous basis
- To complete and submit dental claims for third party adjudication and payment
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements, including the delivery of patients’ charts and records to the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario in a timely fashion, when required, according to the provisions of the Regulated Health Professions Act
- To comply with agreements/undertakings entered into voluntarily by the member with the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario, including the delivery and/or review of patients’ charts and records to the College in a timely fashion for regulatory and monitoring purposes
- To permit potential purchasers, practice brokers or advisors to evaluate the dental practice
- To allow potential purchasers, practice brokers or advisors to conduct an audit in preparation for a practice sale
- To deliver your charts and records to the dentist’s insurance carrier to enable the insurance company to assess liability and quantify damages, if any
- To prepare materials for the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board (HPARB)
- To invoice for goods and services
- To process credit card payments
- To collect unpaid accounts
- To assist this office to comply with all regulatory requirements
- To comply generally with the law
Thank you for your support and understanding in helping our office to comply.